What to consider before applying for membership?
1. Our Design Principles
Is your school committed to college readiness for all students, and are you willing to work to implement the Designs Principles based on 30 years of practice and supported by research. Belonging to a community of practice can help your school implement the Design Principles.
2. Membership Requirements
If your school is interested in becoming a member, it must agree to work to implement all of the Design principles. To begin:
- We recommend that your principal or director attend our annual summer conference in the year before you apply for membership.
- A formal application may be submitted if your school has been in operation for at least one year and if it will be presented to our Executive Board for review and approval.
- Since the unit of membership is the school it is important that the school apply for membership and ratify the application.
3. Ongoing Membership
To sustain membership your Principal must:
- Attend at least one Consortium conference annually
- Host a Critical Friends Review within five years of membership and every five years thereafter
- Pay annual dues
- Collect and submit annual school data as determined by the membership
- Host a National Student Leadership Initiative
Become a member, apply for membership today.